Saturday, June 7, 2014

May

This post probably won't be super interesting to those of you not related to me, just one of those 'for posterity' posts.

We started May with my oldest niece Sydney's baptism. In our church people aren't baptized until they are 8, so it's kind of a right of passage and a big deal. We were so happy to be there for it! I still remember this hot guy named Matt trying to woo me by showing me pictures of his adorable niece when we first met, so I can't believe she is already a little lady. 
 photo IMG_0073.jpg
 photo IMG_0052.jpg  photo IMG_0054.jpg
 photo IMG_0089.jpg  photo IMG_0091.jpg
Olivia of course threw an awesome get together after, where Natalie scored a bowl full of sprinkles from somewhere... I'm lookin' at you Grandpa Carter.
 photo IMG_0138.jpg
We really tried for some form of family picture(and failed more epically than normal), but I think this is a fairly good representation of us anyways, pretty blurry but everybody's laughing. And of course, someone who is not actually related to us in the picture.

Shane, my brother who's serving an LDS mission in Guatemala requested a picture to see how tall everyone is, so here's me and my sisters. We threw the babies in there for good measure. Kate hasn't ever met Shane so we're excited for him to get home in October!
 photo IMG_0125.jpg
 photo IMG_0097.jpg
and of course, Natalie is always the redneck. She will not leave her ponytails in, so she always ends up looking slightly deranged with her sticking out hair.
 photo IMG_0150.jpg
Don't all your family gatherings end in a spontaneous tickle fight? There is a story to this picture, but it's not all that interesting. Let's just say my sibling cooperate best when we plan cheesy pictures.

I was just trying to take a picture with my girls, so of course Jeff comes up to sit behind me like some sort of creeper.
 photo IMG_0154.jpg
 photo IMG_0203.jpg
And the whole dinner party. My grandparents were there as well as my mom's brother who was visiting from Texas. Notice the chicken? Sometimes, I don't even deny that we are slightly red-neck. Would it make it any better if I said we put the chicken in the picture on purpose?

Once again, my 'tough guy' brother is a stinking fluffy teddy bear when it comes to Natalie. Lots of pictures of Jeff today I guess. 
 photo IMG_0237.jpg
 photo IMG_0240.jpg
Back at home, enjoying the FENCED IN YARD!
 photo IMG_0261.jpg
 photo IMG_0269.jpg 
Feeding the ducks
 photo IMG_0275.jpg 
It was slightly blustery. 
 photo IMG_0286.jpg 
At a church party, we had a Book of Mormon fiesta night and Matt had to do a table with some sort of activity. We did engraving on little squares of brass... I thought it turned out pretty cool for how much we put it off. And there's a little bit of LDS humor for you on the picture. 
 photo IMG_0305.jpg 
Kate loves food.
 photo IMG_0321.jpg 
This picture reminds me of that scene from Never Been Kissed. Ole!
 photo IMG_0339.jpg  photo IMG_0354.jpg  photo IMG_0410.jpg  photo IMG_0464.jpg

And that was 'regular' May. I'll post about our trips another day. 

No comments: