Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Little Miss Sassy Pants


Just a couple Natalie stories for your Tuesday night.

"I did my makeup!" She has play makeup, but it only works if I'm fast enough to stop her from using mine. Three internet tutorials and an hour later, the lipstick/eyeshadow goo finally came out of my carpet.
 photo IMG_1974.jpg

Natalie got mad at me for something, and I said "Whatcha gonna do missy? Sue me?" She pointed her finger and me and said 'I'll SUE YOU!' then pointed at Matt and said the same thing.

I was being her horsey (her favorite past time, commanding us around like livestock) and she told me to 'lay down horsey!'. Matt said 'you know horsies don't actually lay down, right Natalie?' to which she responded 'Horsies lay down... yep' 

Whenever we start to get frustrated with her, she puts her hands out in front of her, like she is approaching a rabid animal and says 'it's o-tay, calm down, it's o-tay!' over and over until we have in fact calmed down.

Here she insisted on putting on her own shoes. By herself she took the elastic strap, slid it under her shoe (like pictured) then when the other part was between her toes she slid the band up around her ankle. Little smarty pants. photo MyAlbum1-001.jpg
Lately, when we tell her to do something and get ready to start 'counting', she says 'okay, okay' (in the same patronizing way as 'calm down' but in this context she can actually pronounce it 'okay'... two year olds). 

Saturday our DVD player broke. And by broke, I mean everything still works on it except the 'open' button. So, not so lucky for us 'Puss in Boots' was stuck in there. So, she's watched it once a day since. But good news, she said her first movie quote... a real keeper too. The heroes of our story have just captured the 'golden goose' and they are debating on just taking the golden eggs it lays, or the whole bird and one person says 'It's a gold pooper! We're taking it!'. So, of course that is what Natalie decided to gain from this particular movie and has been walking around saying that line and also being slightly paranoid about 'gold poopers' getting her. Hence the leg grabbing. The video clip is also 'gold pooper' related, but she is hard to hear, so I apologize.
 photo IMG_1985.jpg


Since I do have two daughters, and Kate is getting pretty funny herself, here is a little video showcasing her affinity for vacuums. Between her and the cat chasing it, vacuuming my floor is like a game of minesweeper. 

No comments: