Friday, February 18, 2011

My Invention

I like to sew. I'm fairly good at following a pattern, but I am without a single 'inventive' bone in my body. Give me a pattern, and I can make it (mostly). Show me something, and ask me to figure out how to do it, and I'm wandering around Jo-Ann's for hours like a chicken with my head cut off. I NEED instructions.

Anyways, I've been looking at LOTS of tutorials lately, trying to find a way to use some little girls shirts I scored a the dollar store, and some awesome fabric I found at Wal-Mart. At first, I looked at this tutorial, but wanted to make some changes, and wasn't sure how to do the things I wanted without WRITTEN instructions.

So, I decided to try to invent something myself. And this is what I came up with:

Old jean pant leg into little girls skirt! It's so simple it's laughable, I know. I had a little pink shirt I was working on 're-fashioning' and I thought it would look really cute with blue jean material. I like the seams in jeans, and wanted to use that somehow instead of just making a whole skirt out of new denim. So I got the measurements for my cute niece Mirian, and luckily, they were perfect for using the pant leg of some of Matt's old jeans. It was so easy, but I kinda like it. I also made the rosette removable so that she could stick it on the shirt or on a headband or just wash the skirt easier.

Photobucket

Photobucket

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh my goodness! LOVE IT!

Em and Russ said...

And Mirian looks adorable in it! Thanks Auntie Kristal! You are the BEST!!!